Program dates: June 22, 2019 – August 14, 2019.
Accepting applications starting November 1, 2019
Application deadline February 1, 2020
Minimum requirements to apply to the program:
- U.S citizenship or permanent residence status
- Enrollment at a U.S. institution
- Rising college sophomore, juniors, and seniors
- Transcript (unofficial transcript will be accepted)
- Personal statement (2-pages)
- List of completed coursework
- One letter from someone who knows your science career and can discuss how the OGCB REU program will help you reach your goals.
- Two letters of recommendation
Send all application materials to: oceanchange-reu “at” lifesci.ucsb.edu. All application material should be in .pdf file format. Please use the following file name structure for application material: “Transcript file for Jane Doe”: doe.jane.transcript. Please arrange to have your letters sent directly to the OGCB email address (oceanchange-reu “at” lifesci.ucsb.edu).
Applicants will receive notification by April 1, 2020