Program dates: June 20, 2022 – August 12, 2022
Accepting applications: Now
Application deadline: March 15, 2022
Minimum requirements to apply to the program:
- U.S citizenship or permanent residence status
- Enrollment at a U.S. institution
- Rising college sophomore, juniors, and seniors
- Transcript (unofficial transcript will be accepted)
- Personal statement (2-pages)
- Statements should focus on the following topics: your career goals, interests and experience in doing research, and how this REU would advance your career goals
- List of completed coursework
- Two letters of recommendation — with at least one of those letters being from someone who knows your science career and can discuss how the OGCB REU program will help you reach your goals.
Send all application materials to: oceanchange-reu “at” lifesci.ucsb.edu. All application material should be in .pdf file format. Please use the following file name structure for application material: “Transcript file for Jane Doe”: doe.jane.transcript. Please arrange to have your letters sent directly to the OGCB email address (oceanchange-reu “at” lifesci.ucsb.edu).